Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

'Unable to cast COM object of type' - this dialog box appears when working with ACT Word templates and documents

Copper Contributor

'Unable to cast COM object of type' - this dialog box appears when working with ACT Word templates and documents

Hi,

A couple of my colleagues receive this error dialog box when they are working with ACT Word templates, and trying to create Word documents from the templates:

act-screenshot-11-10-2016-gill.jpg

One colleague is trying to do a mail merge with an ACT Word template, when this error dialog box appears and stops her from completing the task.

The other colleague is trying to create a Word document via an ACT Word template and then add the document to the History tab in ACT, when the dialog box appears and stops her from completing the task.

I hope somebody out there can suggest how to fix this quirk, please?

We're using ACT Premium version 18, and Microsoft Word 2013.

Thanks.

Grant.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: 'Unable to cast COM object of type' - this dialog box appears when working with ACT Word templates and documents

Hi Grant,

Please try this KB - http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36939

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

Re: 'Unable to cast COM object of type' - this dialog box appears when working with ACT Word templates and documents

Hi David,

Thank you for that.

That's exactly what it was, and somebody in the ACT Support Team kindly fixed this problem for me.

Regards,
Grant.