Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to cast COM object of type 'ActEmailConnectorMetaData.aAct7EmailConnectorClass'

Unable to cast COM object of type 'ActEmailConnectorMetaData.aAct7EmailConnectorClass'

So, yet another puzzler....

Version: ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) (ST Edition) Version 9.0.0.557

Windows XP Pro SP2

MS Office 2003 SP2

Issue:

When I launch Act Email or go through the Email setup (Set to use Outlook to send but we use Act Email) I get the following error:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'ActEmailConnectorMetaData.aAct7EmailConnectorClass' to interface type 'ActEmailConnectorMetaData.IaAct7EmailConnector'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{C1177-C6-C4AD-43B6-95D6-DD562F2967FA}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A(TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)).

I have uninstalled Act, Act + SQL, removed GAC, removed and readded .Net Framework all to no avail. From the following post I tried the idea of re-registering the dll but this did not work either:

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ACT&message.id=2630&query.id=16512#M2630

Regsvr32 cannot find a mount point for ActEmailConnectorMetaData.dll.

This was started by the user applying the 9.01 update (the rest of the users and main db are on 90A update). To roll it back, I uninstalled and reinstalled as stated above. Updating to 9.01 is not the solution as all other users of 90A are working perfectly.

Any thoughts?

Re: Unable to cast COM object of type 'ActEmailConnectorMetaData.aAct7EmailConnectorClass'

Hello,

Did the user experience the same issue while on the 901 version or did this start after the roll back?

Try running the following commands in CMD prompt:

1. Close ACT! and go to Start then select run, type cmd and click Ok.
  2. Type  cd c:\program files\act\act for windows
  3. Then run these following commands in order:
    actemail.exe -unregserver
    regasm /unregister Act.Framework.Interop.dll
    regasm /unregister Act.Application.Interop.dll
    regasm /codebase Act.Application.Interop.dll
    regasm /codebase Act.Framework.Interop.dll
    actemail.exe -regserver
Tuned Listener

Re: Unable to cast COM object of type 'ActEmailConnectorMetaData.aAct7EmailConnectorClass'

If you set the Program up to use ACT! email (Sending and composing) do you get the error message?

If not, I'd be tempted to think your problem is with Microsoft Office and would kinda explain why an uninstall of ACT! had no effect.

Try doing a 'detect and repair' in Outlook (Help -> Detect and repair..')

You may need your Office CD to finish the process

Kind regards,

Cesc 

I tried all of the items as you have outlined. They did not fix the problem. Any other ideas?

Dale

Platinum Elite Contributor

The only reference I could find was from the earlier versions as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/4lzhyk

If you think this may be something specific to your installation of .NET 2.0, perhaps you could execute Aaron Stebner's (Microsoft) .NET 2.0 validation utility on a machine in question. This may shed some light on what the core issue may be, independent of ACT!.

http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2008/03/03/8015158.aspx

If you get to use it, can you please post back any results:

If it really helps, Sage might look at adding some of the functions to ACTDIAG... so your responses will be a big help

Copper Contributor

'RedemptionSafeMailItemClass' to interface type 'RedemptionSafeMailItemr'.

Version: Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2

Windows 7 64 Bit

Microsoft® Outlook® 2010 SP2

Issue:

When I launch an email from Write/Email Message (templates)

I get the following error:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'RedemptionSafeMailItemClass' to interface type 'RedemptionSafeMailItemr'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{0A95BE2D-1543-AD6D-18653034BF87' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A(TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)).

This is the first time this has hapoened. Can anyone give reliable advice as to how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 'RedemptionSafeMailItemClass' to interface type 'RedemptionSafeMailItemr'.

Copper Contributor

Dear Mr.  Lazarus,

Your instruction did not wotj with my issue!  I did not state this in my earlier post, and maybe it is importart. I am running Windoes 7 Professioinal SP1 and I am running MS Office Outlook 2010, and  Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2. Does that change the fix for this issue?

Bronze Super Contributor

Have you tried to un-install then reinstall Office?

-- JIm Durkin

Copper Contributor

I am curious as to why uninstalling and reinstalling would work? The mail merge feature worked fine for quite a while. Then one day it just stops working. I do not recall ever updating ACT. So why would uninstalling Office 2010, be a  fix for this issue?

Sometimes it seems that one software product points the finger at another software product, as the cause for a problem.

I do like your left justification add in applet for ACT. Why do software companies sell products which have obscure flaws which seem to be trigggered off by some unknown cause which leads people to guess at solutions. Where is SAGE in all of this. If this wa an automobile, or a smart phone, the manufactuer would not run and hide behind others, and hope that knowledgable users will find the fix for their sloppy work.

I needed to say that! I unintsalled ACt and reinstalled it. But I don't believe it was a clean install. How can I acconplish a clean install? The license for MS Office 2010 was downloaded, it is not like I can reinstall it from a CD. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!