Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to attach email to history in ACT! 2011

Copper Contributor

Re: Unable to attach email to history in ACT! 2011

The Directories are "ACT Data" and "ACT For Windows13".  David

Platinum Elite Contributor

Sorry, I should have asked you this before, but if you go to Help>About ACT!, what is the exact version you have installed?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2 - Thanks David

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Greig:

I have found the problem and have fixed it.  It was in your KB Article 19948 having to do with " File path to HistoryQueue folder is incorrect in registry". I had typed the correct file path, but left one crucial thing out, the drive letter.  After I fixed it everything started to work including the Quick Attach which miraculously reappeared.  Your KB Article 19948 is incorrect however when it comes to  Act 2011 when you say "Not Applicable" for version #.  You do need the version # in the path when you change the registry.  I recommend users first check the path through explorer to see what it is.  That is how I found the version # does matter.

Now for the bigger concern.  I loaded the same version of Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2 on two different machines.  One machine was an XP Ver 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636) running with Service pack 3 and the other is Windows 7 Home Premium.  Both had to have the regisry modified to show the "Qpath" outlined in Article 19948 "file path to HistoryQueue folder is incorrect in registry".  This should not have occurred. The installation process should have done this. Please look into this and let me and the rest of the community know why this is happening.  I hope this helps someone, so they do not have to spend the 10 to 15 hours I spent figuring out what was happening.

Thanks,

David

[Edit: corrected KB article number]

[ Edited ]

regarding Greg's earlier responce on the subjetct...

Are there any updates re the fix for the email attachment issue.  I am forced to go back and forth to my lotus notes to send email with attchments.  I assume this fix will address attaching emails to contacts etc...

Ole Halverson

Longtime Act User

Hello Ole,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. This issue is slated to be fixed in the next hot fix. I do not yet have a release date. An update will be provided when this information is available.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Today is April 5, 2011, Can any one tell me if there has been in progress in the "HotFix" to fix ths probem?

I have been watching this thread since December 2010.

Sheila,
The hot fix due to address this issue will be released very soon. We are doing some final testing on it. A notification will be made in this forum when the hot fix is ready for download.

Greig Hollister

Tuned Listener

I have Act 2010, my issue is attachments are removed from my outbound and incoming emails.  The strange thing about this is this has happened in the past then all of a sudden they start working again, and right now they are not.

I have spent many hours trying to fix this and no luck.

I would really appreciate if you could help

Thanks Dan