Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to attach email to history in ACT! 2011

Re: Unable to attach email to history in ACT! 2011

I’m a first-time Act! user and just installed Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0 under 32-bit Windows XP Professional SP3 using MS Office 2007.  I set up Act! Internet Mail (NOT Outlook email) and am able to send and receive email.  However, I am not able to attach a file to an outgoing email (the “Attach File” box is greyed out).  I am the sole user on this system and the administrator.  On the Preferences/Admin Tab, both Attachment boxes are checked. 

Am I missing a setting somewhere or is this part of the known SP1 problem that has been reported?  http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT-Premium/ACT-2011-SP1-Problems/m-p/104338

If this is the SP1 problem, any idea when it will be fixed?  

Any help anyone can provide is appreciated. I was all set to convert from another CRM system this weekend, but can’t do that until I am able to send attachments with emails.

Thank you!

-Kathy

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello KathyC,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

I can confirm that this is a known issue with the Act! 2011 SP1 build (V13.1) - the Attach File option is grayed out in Internet Mail.  It is being addressed by our Development team but at this time we have not received a date for it's resolution.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks, Greg.  How will I know when the SP1 fix is ready?  Do I need to sign up somewhere for that?

Also, would it make sense to have Sage send me the download link for Act! 2011 without the SP1 fix, and install that version for now?  That should solve the email attachment problem, in which case I can go ahead and convert my data, and start using this system. 

Appreciate your help!

-Kathy

Kathy,

I've sent you a link to download Act! 2011 Premium (v13.0) without the SP1 update included, check your Private Notes.

I haven't tested it, but I don't believe you can open your current database in the non-sp1 version of 2011 - the databases are generally not backward compatible.  If you are able to easily create/populate a new database this will be a very good option.

Greg Martin
Sage

As for when the fix will be applied for the email attachments - unfortunately I don't have an answer for you.  We won't know when the fix will be available until Development is ready to release it and only at that time will we know how it will be applied (Service Pack or Hotfix).  The best way to find out when a fix is available is through the Community - we post items announcing available updates.

Greg Martin
Sage

Greg, thanks so much for sending the link to download Act! 2011 Premium (v13.0) without the SP1 update included.  I installed this version and can now can add attachments to outgoing emails, as well as attach emails to history (neither was possible with the SP1 version).  

As a new user, I was very pleased to see how quickly you responded with a solution.  Thanks for your help, Greg.  Great job!

Kathy

Copper Contributor

I have ACT Pro  2011 running on a windows 7 x64 running outlook 2010 and office 2010 products at 32bit.  I upgraded from Act 2008 on another machine.  I can send e-mails from ACT, but they will not show up in the histories.  Also I can not attach e-mails sent to me to from outlook.  I have done everything I can find on your website and through searching the internet to no avail.  Please help me find a solution.  I have spent way to many hours on this.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello David,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Since I am not real clear on what solutions you have tried, can you confirm that you have tried all of  the options in KB Article 19948? These are the most prevalent reasons for Outlook emails not recording in history. Also, for the incoming mail, make sure you have properly setup the Outlook rule per the instructions in KB Article 23020.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Hi Greg;

I did everything in KB19948.  Also I even uninstalled and reinstalled ACT Pro 2011.   Before I reinstalled the s/w I could manual attach e-mail sent from Outlook to ACT and have them show up in history, but can no longer do that.  All e-mails sent originated from ACT Pro 2011.  I read about the rules for Outlook, but did not try them yet.  I also cleared the preference as mentioned in one your post.  That didn't work out.  I appreciate your help.

David

Platinum Elite Contributor

OK. Click on your Windows Start button, and in the Search box type %appdata%. Then open the ACT! folder in there. What directories do you see in this folder?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.