Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to attach documents in Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Unable to attach documents in Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0

Starting a couple of days ago, I can no longer attach documents in ACT. When I click on the documents tab for any contact, ACT crashes. I am running Windows 7 and have Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0.  ACT is up to date. Others in the office with the same set up are not having any issues. How do I get this corrected?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author iwant2bahulagirl
‎04-07-2016 09:44 AM
Administrator

Re: Unable to attach documents in Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0

Hi there,

There could be a couple for reasons for this issue occurring.

1. Insufficient permissions. Using windows file explorer, are you able to browse to the database attachments folder and open any or create any new files? 
  2. There is an incompatibility with .Net 4.6 and some versions of Act running on Windows 10, however this can also affect older versions of Windows. We released hotfixes that should resolve this issue. See the following Knowledgebase article for more info: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38199

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author iwant2bahulagirl
‎04-07-2016 09:44 AM
Administrator

Hi there,

There could be a couple for reasons for this issue occurring.

1. Insufficient permissions. Using windows file explorer, are you able to browse to the database attachments folder and open any or create any new files? 
  2. There is an incompatibility with .Net 4.6 and some versions of Act running on Windows 10, however this can also affect older versions of Windows. We released hotfixes that should resolve this issue. See the following Knowledgebase article for more info: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38199

The hotfix solved the issue. Thank you!