Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to activate Network Sync Service.

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Unable to activate Network Sync Service.

Greetings all,

I have a client that has recently upgraded from XP to Windows 7 and is running ACT 2009 Premium. When he starts Network Sync Service error message appears along the lines of "Unable to start network sync service".

Is this due to conflicts between ACT 2009 and Windows 7? Would turning Network Sync Service off and leaving ACT on with Accept incoming syncs get acround this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jbickle
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to activate Network Sync Service.

It could be Windows 7... but is that the exact error? There are some that are similar, but not the same.

What was the system upgraded from? It could also be the service doesn't have the right permissions and uninstalling/reinstalling might fix it

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jbickle
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

It could be Windows 7... but is that the exact error? There are some that are similar, but not the same.

What was the system upgraded from? It could also be the service doesn't have the right permissions and uninstalling/reinstalling might fix it

Copper Contributor

Thanks for your your quick reply Mike,

Windows 7 was upgraded from XP, I am getting my client to try to sync his remote db with Windows UAC's turned off. If that doesnt work, we will try a re-install.

Thanks!

The sync server is on the upgraded machine?

If it still fails, post the exact error... but remember that only ACT! 2010 is officially supported on Windows 7

Copper Contributor

Network Sync permissions weren't configured properly when my client upgraded. Changed the UAC's to none and it worked like a charm.

Thanks again Mike!

Platinum Super Contributor