Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to acquire Sync Server object

Copper Contributor

Unable to acquire Sync Server object

[ Edited ]

I have update to the latest version of the network sync but still having problems.  I am now getting the following error message:

"Unable to acquire Sync Server object. Server Error Description: Failed to find main database xxxx for sync."

I was trying to change the database name in the sync service as I think that this may be the issue, but I do not have an edit button (as shown in Knowledgebase article # 14584).  Why is there no edit button?  Thanks

Tony

<Edited title after moving reply to own thread.>

Message Edited by dlunceford on 04-15-2009 09:47 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to acquire Sync Server object

There are several KB articles that address this particular error.  Go to the Sage Knowledgebase and lookup the following article numbers in the Search field:

The article you use depends on the exact error message you are getting. Some things that you could do right off the bat are:

- Remove then re-add the Publisher database from the Network Sync database list

- Make sure that all users have full permissions the ACT! Network Sync folder under the C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows directory on the server

- Uninstall and reinstall the Network Sync Service, making sure it is the same version as the installed version and build of ACT! on the server and the remote machines

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.