Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to access google calendar

Highlighted

Re: Unable to access google calendar

It looks like this does the trick, too bad it's not just included with ACT.

http://www.companionlink.com/google/act/
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Another very unhappy long-time Act user chiming in.  After being on notice by Google for 5 months before the sync goes OTS, there's no excuse.  I have the same productivity mess between PC & phone that others have mentioned.  One of the appealing factors for upgrading to V16 was getting the Google C&C syncs.  I had been a longtime user of Companionlink, and it's not bad - but shame on Swiftpage that we have to go buy the current version of it and waste time installing & configuring (and experiencing the risk of duplicate items, with new items both on the PC and phone, but never synced. 

There hasn't been a peep out of Swiftpage since this fiasco started several weeks ago. No KB, no posting, no email, and no timeframe.  Swiftpage should buy us the $24.95 3-month license to Companionlink as a customer goodwill gesture for this mess.

-------------------------------

Act User since the '90s.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

yep... add me to the list of long time supporters/sufferers who just get shut down ... when it should be fixed! Anyone got any news on timing of this fix pls?
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

see post #17

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Agree. Heading to the reviews.
Too long to fix: Sad.
No communication : Unforgivable.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Another long-time ACT! user ( since v2.0). Relatively new to Android phone, and realized the sync was broken when I got a new tablet for traveling ( Win8.1) and thought it was Windows problem. Realized the laptop isn't syncing either.

I really like the new  google calendar on my android phone; shame this isn't integrating. 

Swiftpage needs to fix!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

A 12/4/14 at 10:39 am post started a series that gets off track of the original Post related to V16 ACT! for WEB not Stand alone ACT sync issues.

Besides that, the real issue is Swiftpage not monitoring the Forum after 26 post to at least state, confirmed there is or is not an issue to work on.

I'm sticking with V15, I have seen more issues with no strong Swiftpage replys/feedback with the newer versions that only offer more E-Marketing and Social networking added features not worth it for my day-to-day tasks.

I use 4Team 2Sync to sync my Outllok 2007 Calendar, contacts, notes with my Gmail account ONLY for perosnal use.  I don't bother syncing ACT! data with Outlook rather Outlook is for personal use.

4Team reported early Nov. they had a sync calendar issue. In 2 weeks came out and sent a second email with a fix and download link to update their app. So my Outlook contacts and calendar sync and my android cell phone stays current and any changes on phone get propergated to Outlook.  If Swiftpage is working on a fix ACT! is much more complex let alone this issue so far sounds like on V16 WEB setup.

Grant it this is not feedback for the Original post that is about Web version of ACT!, but for me how I operate and don't need my ACT! contacts and calendar sync with Outlook.

JM

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Original post problem is accessing the Google Calendar. The second post lays the problem at Swiftpage's doorstep. You (JM) have confirmed that others have suffered from the 11/17 changes at Google. They have communicated and fixed their problems, while Swiftpage seems to be frozen in fright, so much that they won't/can't even talk to their loyal customers. This is bigger than who's using Web Act or Desktop Act - it's a Swiftpage response Crisis. We're definitely on the original track: "Unable to access Google calendar." AND apparently Google gave notice last spring that this was coming.

Post #2:
"Google has changed the interface to the Google calendar. As of November 17th the old interface will no longer work. You will need to wait until Swiftpage produces a Hotfix to enable Google calendar integration again. I don't have a timeframe on a Hotfix but perhaps someone with Swiftpage will give us an estimate."

Is there anyone left at Swiftpage, or has the building gone dark?
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Well stated... and unfortunately no response..... 3 times yesterday I was caught out not being able to look at my phone and double check the calendar!  What major change did google make that ACT! can't adapt to? 

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. 

The solution is not simple and does require signficant amount of development and testing. We are in the process of developing a solution as I know more I'll report when and to what versions we can provide a fix.