Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to access google calendar

Highlighted

Re: Unable to access google calendar

Did using chrome as default browser work for you?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Nope.

Act has a plug in which goes with internet explorer but no plug in for google

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Google announced this on June 24, so everyone has been on notice for 5 months that the old Calendar API was going away and that they would need to update their software. ( http://googleappsupdates.blogspot.com/2014/06/calendar-gdata-api-google-calendar.html )

I don't understand why so many developers have been caught with their pants down, but ACT! isn't the only one.

Best Regards,

Chuck
Highlighted

I used ACT! Premium 2013 and have been having this problem for at lease 2 weeks. I spoke to my ACT! consultant finally today and he didn't know anything about this. He installed Hot Fix 3, but that didn't do any good either. I'm getting all the same messages already mentioned. I also sync with my Android so I guess I'll just stop using the calendar in ACT! totally for now. Bummer.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

this is ridicoulous, still nothing, Does act support even read this. I have been fuctioning without my phone agenda for too long. Software is useless without this. Are they even aware ? are they working on something? will the post something to keep us aware?

Highlighted

Not having a functioning google cal plugin is causing a lot of problems at my company. Please get this fixed asap. I don't have anything new to chime into the conversation, but I'm hoping the more people post on this thread that they rely heavily on the integration with google calendar the more attention the ACT support team will give this issue.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

i found something that sync's with outlook and then it syncs with google a 3rd party software that is free but you have to pay if you want it enhanced but im not going to post it here.  I think Sage act sits on the sidelines and lurks while watching us rats in a maze to figure out their problems for free.   But google integration needs to be fixed.  I think its getting near time to start putting reviews out there and maybe their media relations will pick up on the problem. 

Highlighted

The only way I know of syncing outlook with google cal is if you have google business apps.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can use CompanionLink to sync Outlook to Google.  They have been in business since almost as long as I've been an ACT! consultant.... good company.

Best Regards,

Chuck
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

its still a pain in the butt.   you have to check and repair your database , do a backup  to then sync with outlook (which takes 2 min) then sync with google.

google integration was easy to set up on an hourly basis and did it in the back ground. 

If i could start over i would have never started with act in the first place