Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to access google calendar

Unable to access google calendar

Using act premium for web v16 and trying to intergrate with google calendar. Followed all the detailed steps for setting it up but once I click on synchronize calendar tab and then check the box that says  enable calendar synchronization and select my options and then click the ok button, I get a message saying " unable toaccess google calendar. Please log in to google calendar at least once before using google calendar synchronization"  I've logged into google calendar but continue to get the same message after going back in act to enable calendar synchronization. 

Can someone advise what I am doing wrong

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Unable to access google calendar

Google has changed the interface to the Google calendar.  As of November 17th the old interface will no longer work.  You will need to wait until Swiftpage produces a Hotfix to enable Google calendar integration again.  I don't have a timeframe on a Hotfix but perhaps someone with Swiftpage will give us an estimate.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Thank you. Did swiftpage publish something saying this would no longer work?

Silver Super Contributor

Not that I know of.  There will probably be a KB out shortly.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

Sad that at the price this software goes for Sage has to wait till it doesn't work before they bring out a fix.

Companionlink has the updated API V3 available since Oct 15.

Google announced the elimination of API V1 & 2 long ago it shouldn't have been a surprise...

How am I supposed to sync my calendar with my android now? Need it for work this is not a toy should simply work.

Copper Contributor

Please let us know

thanks

greg

Copper Contributor

Great i just revoked my password for my google calendar permission to try to reset it up

How do I revoke my Google account permission?  Currently, ACT! Pro 2012 will not sync with Outlook.

Matthew

Copper Contributor

The problem i see now is that using internet explorer now to log into gmail and click on my google calendar im redirected to a page to update my internet explorer (which i have the latest) and it will only let me see a "read only" version of the calendar .

This might be the problem with act integration probably using internet explorer to log in with password.  Is there a way to change the 

browser to google chrome for act to use??  That would be a better fix unless there is a internet explorer patch made

How will we know when the fix is avaible?