Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to access google calendar

Re: Unable to access google calendar

I'm royally confused. Is there an update fix for this or not?

Silver Super Contributor

If you are on Act! v16 or Act! v17 there is an update that will fix it.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Silver Super Contributor

You need to upgrade to 16.3.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Contributor

Has anyone on v16 installed the update/fix? Does it work? Do i need to go to 16.3 first (currently 16.1)

Silver Super Contributor

Act! 16.3 is the fix so you'll need to upgrade to that version.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Contributor

Thanks - part two of the question above was:  Does it work?  I'm interested in hearing from folks who have tried it and give it the thumbs up.  Appropriately lacking full trust at this point.  Thanks.

Astute Commentator

Hi Benjamin

Since you are the ACT Moderator for this thread, I am sending this to you through the thread

on March 2, 2015 you wrote

@benjamin wrote:

Google Integration Fix is available now in 17.1 and 16.3.http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38005/

Thank you for your patience. 

I really need your HELP!!! As of today, I am still unable to Integrate Act v17.1 with my Google Calendar. I own my company and have full admin privileges.  I also have .NET v 4.5.2 installed.  I have done everything that has been suggested in this and other threads to have your software function with Google Calendar with no success. [Special thanks to Stan Smith].  I am way beyond all the emotions everyone have expressed.  I simply MUST HAVE you or someone you designate actually FIX this longstanding failure. 

PLEASE, I BEG YOU, PLEASE FIX THIS. 

I am attaching two screen captures showing you the exact integration history results when doing both a Scheduled integration and a Manual integration.  The Exception, Source, and Call Stacks are different.  I am running Act Pro v17.,1; with .NET framework 4.5.2 installed and I have full Admin priviledges.  I really hope this helps. 

Scheduled Integration result: 

CONTEXT:  Syncronizing Activities; DESCRIPTION:  Value cannot be null.  Parameter name: source; EXCEPTION and SOURCE:  System.Core

Capture System_Core Call Stack.JPG

Manual Integration results:

Capture mscorlib Call Stack.JPG

Again, Please Help.

Thank you.

Leo Braun

Mine produces the exact same error (running 17.1).

Copper Contributor

Remember you can't control act act controls you humanoid
Copper Contributor

I'm curious as well if any one has had sucess implemting the fix for V16 owners.  I am eery of the "fixed" version just simply based on the way they've handled this whole situation. 

I'll have time this weekend to mess around with it, but I'm backing up my act contacts, setting a restore point, and taking an image of my hard drive because I have little faith it will work.  It appears V17 isn't fixed yet for all as noted in this thread.  Perhaps they just threw us a placebo to buy them more time? ;-)