Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to access google calendar

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Google Calendar no integration, Sage Accounts integration. Abandon ship?

Hi Bron,

Yes. Outlook.com is in part, the alternative to Google and Gmail. It is great to see Microsoft starting to seriously compete with Google across the board. If you follow the news lately they are taking big strides both at a software systems level,(.Net open sourced)and a user experience level(ubiquitous Office across all device formats). That's healthy competition, stimulates rapid technology advance and customers are the winners.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

Re: Google Calendar no integration, Sage Accounts integration. Abandon ship?

Syncronizing with outlook takes too long lets get google back up and running

greg

Copper Contributor

Fix 17.1 is Due 26th of February! Hooray!

[ Edited ]

We use Gmail enterprise, Google Calendar, Microsoft Office, Oultook, SAGE50, Nortel BCM50 Phone system, on a Windows 2008 Server... the CRM foundation was to be ACT17 however, it doesn't blummin' work!

To find that the Tapi interface for the phone system (bugs). ACT17 does not integrate with Sage Accounts in the UK (can someone write the code?), an age old bug that duplicates contacts when synchronising with Outlook stuff Smiley Sad  
.. and NOW the crowning glory... Cannot sync with Google contacts and calendar... and Swiftpage say...  "it's all Google's fault"

If anyone has similar "challenges" as above, please let me know.

So I don't vote for reporting danxmanly,

Just hope there's an update for at least Google integration soon?

@danxmanly wrote:

So, will someone with some documented history in dealing with this problem and lack of a solution from ACT report this to the BBB?    This is unacceptable at this point in time to be thrown to the curb by this company.   I've just been on the message boards and haven't filed an official complaint with ACT as it doesn't seem to do ANY good whatsoever.

Mind your own Business: brickweb.co.uk
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Report to BBB?

There was supposed to be a hotfix out on Monday for the Google Calendar integration issue that would fix this issue for Act! v16.  I don't know why it hasn't been posted but the fix is emminent.  The issue will be fixed in Act! v17 Service Pack 1 which should be out on 2/26 if I remember correctly.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Bronze Elite Contributor

During our backporting of this issue to 16.x we identified that this affects 1200 different files in the Act! deployment. Hotfixing this issue is not possible and we are building out 16.3 as a a delivery mechanism. This is taking longer than planned and I will update this thread when we have a updated schedule.  

For customers on 17.0, we will have 17.1 available on 2/26. 

Thank you for the communications. 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

"Act! v17 Service Pack 1 "should" be out on 2/26"

[ Edited ]

Thanks wellmet, that's really good news

Mind your own Business: brickweb.co.uk
Copper Contributor

Re: "Act! v17 Service Pack 1 which should be out on 2/26"

What about V15??  I was told be customer support that this version was still supported.

Copper Contributor

Re: "Act! v17 Service Pack 1 which should be out on 2/26"

Back you stuff up before doing the update...Also locate a fire extinguisher just in case

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

@benjamin wrote:

During our backporting of this issue to 16.x we identified that this affects 1200 different files in the Act! deployment. Hotfixing this issue is not possible and we are building out 16.3 as a a delivery mechanism. This is taking longer than planned and I will update this thread when we have a updated schedule.  

Benjamin,

Appreciating the update, but...

Do you mean 1200 lines of code or do you actually mean 1200 files, which very approximately might contain an average 300 lines of code each? A figure of 1200 files would be a reasonable figure for the complete Act! product but not 1200 folders for Google integration alone. Seems magnitudes different from what one could expect?

With backporting are you saying that version 16.0 of Act! is so fundamentally different than v17.0 that 1200 files/lines of code are affected that are different from the work required for v17.0 ?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Bronze Elite Contributor

@gleo wrote:

@benjamin wrote:

Benjamin,

Appreciating the update, but...

Do you mean 1200 lines of code or do you actually mean 1200 files, which very approximately might contain an average 300 lines of code each? A figure of 1200 files would be a reasonable figure for the complete Act! product but not 1200 folders for Google integration alone. Seems magnitudes different from what one could expect?

With backporting are you saying that version 16.0 of Act! is so fundamentally different than v17.0 that 1200 files/lines of code are affected that are different from the work required for v17.0 ?

Our product, with both Windows and Web, amounts to over 4,000 files. This fix required changes to .Net, Act! framework, and installers resulting in over 1,000 files being modified. The amount of changes in the majority of these files is not signficant, but the sheer volume requires a different packaging and build approach than a single hotfix. This is the same as what was needed to deliver the fix in 17.1 but the scope of breadth wasn't clear until we started the process of backporting.