Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to access emails from ActEmailMessageStore Database

Unable to access emails from ActEmailMessageStore Database

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

We are using ACT Premium 2010 in workgroup (6 users) installed on Windows 2008 server. We access ACT by connecting to server using RDC. We use ACT native email client for emails and do regular ACT backup using ACT scheduler.

This Monday one of the user's email client stopped working, when I tried to see email settings under preferences it was showing no clients checked (Outlook / Internet email) then I tried to configure the account for the same user using same settings as before, account setup was successful but after opening the email client all old sent and inbox emails were missing.

I tried to do basic troubleshoot by restarting the server and reopening the email client but no luck, After that I googled regarding ACT native email client and found that my scheduler was not taking the emails backup and ACT has a common database file located in C:\Users\Public\Documents\ACT\ACT for Windows\Email\12\ActEmailMessageStore    and all users email stored in the same Database. 

I just need some help to restore a particular user's email account with all old emails.

Regards

Kunal Chauhan

kunal.chauhan@skoch.in

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Unable to access emails from ActEmailMessageStore Database

Hello Kunal,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

You can contact one of our regional Sage ACT! Support teams, they have the utilities available to recover the missing emails.  I believe the closest to you will be in Australia.  Here is a web page with their contact information:   Sage ACT! Technical Support, Australia

Greg Martin
Sage