Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to access database on shared drive -- error inside

Unable to access database on shared drive -- error inside

I've practically read every thread regarding this error and still cannot get it to work properly. 

Basically what is happening is I've created a new database on my PC, have changed the shared settings so that everyone can access it, have moved it to a shared drive, modified the .pad file so that my IP address is the "host" and it still will not work.   The exact error that I'm getting reads as follows:

Cannot find database supplemtnal files folder "folder name" in this location "ip address"  This could be a problem the share, or the folder may not exist.  Please contact the administrator of your database.

I'm at my wits end but am hoping there is a simple solution.  I've read countless instructions and done everything step by step only to have it keep happening.  Please help!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to access database on shared drive -- error inside

Hello DBCZ,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. This error usually indicates the database has not been shared or proper permissions have not been granted on the host for the database files. Please see the following Knowledgebase article for suggested solutions for this issue:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1987...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

The share database appears to be ghosted out for some reason.  Any idea why that might be? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

This usually means that the logged- in Windows account does not have permissions to share the database files. This may be due to User Account Control being enabled if using a Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Server 2008 operating system. Please see this KB article for more information:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2281...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Got it!  Thanks so much for your help Smiley Happy