Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to access Act Database. Check network....

Re: Unable to access Act Database. Check network....

The error message reads as follows:-

"The databased xxx could not be accessed.  In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available.  It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or other server."

Hi did you mnage to resolve this issue?

Hi I also have an error when trying to open Act through a network .

The original PC (win xp) was replaced by Winn 7 pro. I can open the database from thenew host PC. The .pad file is in the shared folder and I can access this from the workstation however when I try to open I get the error :

The database mydatabase name could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify your datase server is available. It may be necessary to discable any firewalll software on your computer or the server.

I carried out a backup from the old PC and restored it to the new PC, renamed it and shared it.

I have edited the .pad in notepad and changed the host name to the IP.

Database is shared

I have disabled the firewalls

Do you have any more suggestions?

Thanks 

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Linda,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Please see this Knowledgebase article for additional suggestions:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1964...

In addition, go into Services and verify that the SQL Server Browser service is running.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.