Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to Unshare a database

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Unable to Unshare a database

Version: ACT! Premium 18.0.501.0 Update 6

I'm running a sever with ACT on it and I'm logged in as an administrator. I was having issues creating new remote databases and it says in the forums to make sure database is not 'shared' when trying to create new remote databases.

However, the issue I'm having is that when I go to:

Tool - Database Maintenance - Share Database

The box is checked. When I click it to 'unshare' it I get the warning about 'When you unshare your database.. ect" Do you want to unshare? I click "Yes" but it doesn't do anything. (on other databases including demo it unshares no problem). If I return to database maintenance the box for shared database is still checked. 

Any ideas? Or any way to add a remote database while a database is shared without getting an error?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎07-08-2016 01:02 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to Unshare a database

If you are creating the remotes from the Hosting server I am surprised if you need to un-share to get this to work.  Try starting ACT and running as administrator to see if that allows you to unshare the database but I am not convinced this is your problem in creating remotes. What error are you getting when trying to create a remote database?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎07-08-2016 01:02 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

If you are creating the remotes from the Hosting server I am surprised if you need to un-share to get this to work.  Try starting ACT and running as administrator to see if that allows you to unshare the database but I am not convinced this is your problem in creating remotes. What error are you getting when trying to create a remote database?

Thanks for the quick insight. I found that you were indeed correct. I was logged in as an administrator on my computer but not logged in as an administrator on the server where the ACT database lived.

I had to 'Shift+Right Click" and "Run as a different user" to login as a server administrator! Thanks again for your help!
Bronze Elite Contributor

Glad that worked. Are you now able to create the remotes?