Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to Open Attachments

Unable to Open Attachments

Hello,

When the users are using Acts web portal to access our database, they have been experiencing problems opening up attachments. We have Act 2011 and the problem only occurs when we use the web portal. On a remote database the attachments can be open, just not through the web portal.

Troubleshooting that I have done so far.

I have checked IE plugins and disabled them. 

I have checked IE pop up blocker.

I have checked Anti-Virus by disabling it and re-anbling it.

I have tried different browsers. Firefox, Chrome, and IE 9 (All users are using IE 8 currently)

All appear to have not affected the reason behind attachments not opening.  

The attachments consist of: PDFs, Word Docs, Excel Docs, and PowerPoint Docs

This issue has just occurred, before we were able to open attachments and now we are not. 

Also I have not pushed through any updates on this server or made any configuration changes.

Thank you!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to Open Attachments

Hello CNYTechy,
Are the web users able to browse to the directory where the attachments are located and open them from there?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Yes they can open them up in the directory where the attachments reside in. Just not through the web portal side of Act.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Are there any messages presented when they try to open attachments or any errors logged on the web server?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I have checked both ends for errors pertaining to this issue and I could not find any that are related to the problem I have.