Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to Import Outlook 2003 contacts into ACT 2010 Premium

Tuned Listener

Unable to Import Outlook 2003 contacts into ACT 2010 Premium

Hi,

When I use the Import Wizard to import Outlook 2003 contacts into ACT 2010 Premium, everything appears to go smoothly, but the contacts don't appear in ACT once the process is done. I've scoured both the KB and the user boards but haven't found a word about this.

Bob

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to Import Outlook 2003 contacts into ACT 2010 Premium

Are you able to import the Outlook contacts into another database, such as the demo database (ACT2010Demo) or a new database?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Hi,

I created a new database and attempted to import the Outlook contacts once more using the import wizard.  Same deal.  It looks like it worked but no contacts were imported into ACT.

Bob

I am having the same problem when importing a .csv file.  Everything appears to be going ok but no contacts are actually added to the database?

Like Lissa12345 I too am having same problem with importing a .CSV or .TXT file into ACT2010 on my PC (I haven't tried from Outlook).  All appears to be going fine, the status bar moves along as if adding the contacts and it finishes with no error message - but no contacts are actually added.  I have tried logging on as someone else on my PC and I have tried importing to the Demo database, but nothing works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ACT! on my PC, (and had grave difficulty deinstalling the SQL parts before being allowed to re-install), however it made no difference. I have tried two other PC's on our network - one of them has the same result as on my PC, but the import actually worked on a third machine! (proving there was nothing wrong with the import file or method).  I spoke to Sage support in UK yesterday, but they had never heard of this.  Any suggestions?

I think I have found the answer!!!

In the import Wizard, on page 7 of 8 in the Merge Options, for the option to select "If source records match destination records", Make Sure it is "Merge". Then in "If source records do not match destination records"  select "Add". Last, check "Confirm each match".

I tried this with the demo database and it seems to work correctly, where the "replace..." and "do not add.." options cause a failure. 

Here's hoping.....