04-12-2012 02:01 PM
Hopefully somebody here can help me out with this error I seem to keep getting. Every time I click to open ACT! Premium 2010, after I log into my database (doesn't matter which one, I have two) I get this error:
The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime.
Parameter name: value
It looks like a scripting error, but that is about as far as my programming knowledge reaches, unfortunately. I do notice that it appears to be interfering with my alarm box popping up and notifying me of activities, to-do's, etc.
I'm running Windows XP SP3, Office 2003.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
04-13-2012 11:59 AM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!
After getting the message, are you able to work within the database? If yes, can you create an activity?
Check your Windows Regional Setting (through Control Panel). They can be modified using the 'Customize...' button.
04-13-2012 01:34 PM
Thank you for the reply. Yes, I am able to work with the database with no issues (other than my activity alarms not going off.) I can add contacts, make new activities, edit notes, etc.
I looked into my regional settings and they are currently set to: h:mm:ss tt
I have never messed with that setting, so I'm unsure if that is how it should be, or if there may be a conflict.
I really appreciate the support. Have an excellent weekend!
04-16-2012 08:46 AM
Looking at my XP system, my time setting is also 'h:mm:ss tt'.
Check the Date format.
Calendar (two digit, interpret) - 1930 and 2029
Short date - M/d/yyyy
Long date - dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy
You mentioned that it happens in your 2 databases, does it also happen if you open the ACT! Demo database? If it doesn't, do you synchronize your databases with another product/calendar? Thinking there may be a particular corrupted calendar entry(s)...
04-16-2012 08:56 AM
Thanks for the reply, once again. Yeah, my date format completely matches yours, word for word. I will try out the demo database and see what that comes up with. I do sync my Outlook calendar also. From what I've looked into, there aren't any events that appear to be corrupted. I will run the demo and let you know what I find.
Also, worth mentioning, I completely uninstalled ACT! and reinstalled and the problem still persists. Not sure if I mentioned that in my first post.
Thanks again for the help!
04-16-2012 12:33 PM
Well, I solved the problem. Thank you, GMartin for pointing me in the right direction. I attempted to open up the demo database and that was giving me a network error, stating that I couldn't find the correct database (even though I was double-clicking the actual demo database to open it.) Not wanting to figure that error out also, I went ahead and started looking into my Outlook calendar events that were made roughly around the time my "DateTime" error was popping up. Low-and-behold there was an alarm that was trying to ring "15678432" days in advance. I have no idea how this happened, but after I used the drop-down menu to change that to "30 minutes", I closed and opened ACT! again and the error didn't pop up and my alarms box opened up like normal, showing me my to-do's, activities, etc.
Thankfully I got to the problem before too many of my reminders went forgotten! Thanks again for getting me in the right direction to solving my problem.
TL;DR - if you have a DateTime error, you may have to go through your events and check out the alarm setting.
04-16-2012 01:00 PM
04-18-2012 06:06 AM
I want to add a further description of where I went to view my alarm settings to solve this problem. When you have ACT! open, on the left hand column (in my layout) starting from the middle going down, there is a "Task List" button. If you click that, and view only yourself, a list of all your activities, to-do's, etc. will populate. I double-clicked all of these, one-by-one, to discover which of my alarm settings were messed up.
Hopefully this adds a little more light to the situation for people experiencing my same problem.
04-19-2012 02:40 PM
To add to that, I'd like to share an experience I had a while back.
The duration was an outrageous time period. If you add the duration column to the task list view and sort by that column you can find the offending activity. Certainly worth checking if experiencing a calendar problem of any kind.