Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

URL to contact editor ...

Copper Contributor

URL to contact editor ...

I'm trying to link from another Web database to ACT! Premium for Web (not from ACT! Premium for Web).

That is, I have contacts in that dataabase, and I'd  like to be able to enter a URL for each contact, or an ACT User ID and construct a URL, which opens up the CONtact Editor for that contact in ACT!

Is there a URL for that? I'm bamboozled. If I edit a ocntact I get a URL like:

https://my.act.server/APFW_1/contacts/contactDetail.aspx?id=59f53910-545e-45bc-85e5-d7ba65341819

So it seems possible at first glance. But alas the contacty I'm viewing does not appear to have this ID at all. The evidence:

If I log out of Act, then type this URL I am prompted to log in. All good I expect that.

If I am now logged in again and I enter this URL I end up with an empty Contact editor, I don't see the contact I saw when I copied the URL.

In short it appears this id incoroporates session and state information and is not a simple ID for a contact in the ACT! database.

Is what I wish possible? Can I get an ID for an ACT! contact and formt hat construct a URL that will, presuming I'm logged into ACT! Premium for Web, display the expected editor populated with teh details of a the nominated contact?

I am using ACT! Preimum for Web 2009 (11.0).

Cheers,

Bernd.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: URL to contact editor ...

Hello Bernd,

I have tested doing this in APFW and was not able to get it to work. I don't believe it is possible to access an ACT! contact record in the web database from an outside application...probably due to IIS security and database security. Also, it appears the URLs may differ from system to system, as my URL did not change per contact, only when I switched screens.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.