09-19-2012 05:14 PM
I have just tried to generate a Note- History Report (using standard template) and it has popped up with a "unrecognized guid format" error before anything is rendered in the report... This is a big issue as I need to print out evidence of emails over the last 5 years, can any one help as a mater of some urgency???
09-20-2012 06:00 AM
09-20-2012 01:36 PM
No I dont think that is it if i have it defaulted to jsut the last month it works fine... granted its blank but it does generate the report, when its set to "All" or nything that actually has data in it then the error message.
I also created a new template based on the Note-History option and it has the same error
I will try the sample database
09-20-2012 01:39 PM
Copied the report template from the sample and it does the same error
09-20-2012 01:44 PM
At this point it sounds like you have some corruption in the database itself. Try doing database maintenance and see if that helps.
09-21-2012 12:42 PM
Thank for that i did a database fix and repair, but still no action on the report
09-21-2012 01:12 PM
Further testing ... the error occurs when any data is to be displayed even if i do a current month report same result, i have also tried other reports in other areas of the database (eg: Activities report) and the same result
This is an error message thrown up by Act yet after spending the last 2 hours going through KB articles i can find no reference to the error message
09-21-2012 03:05 PM - edited 09-21-2012 03:06 PM
This Knowledgebase article was just created that may address the issue if your database is using custom or spillover tables (large number of custom fields) and have upgraded the database to Sage ACT! 2013.
Be sure to back up your database prior to running the batch file.
Here is a link to the article:
Please be sure to post your results back in this thread so we can evaluate the solution.
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.
09-23-2012 03:04 PM
Thanks for your replies and the new KB article, the process was rather simple, it said that there was only "1 row" had an issue
The duplicate checker said there was no duplicates and a manual look cant find any duplicate contacts or companies
Cant really find out what the 1 row was, but i ran the report and it work!!!! Yippy