Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

URGENT: I need to import a company into Act Premium for web hosted (Its a 14 day trial verision ACT provided)

Copper Contributor

URGENT: I need to import a company into Act Premium for web hosted (Its a 14 day trial verision ACT provided)

Hi All, 

Wondered if someone can please help me? I am trying to import an excel spreadsheet into my host database( which ACT provided to me for

a 14 day trial) For some reason my sheet wont import. I run the wizard, choose the typical option, select ok and it says it has import something

but the database is still blank??

I have also tried the custom way but when i go and match my fields to the correct places, my fields read all garbage. Like letters and number and squares???

Can someone advise I dont know what is going on?

Thanks in advance.  

Re: URGENT: I need to import a company into Act Premium for web hosted (Its a 14 day trial verision ACT provided)

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with importing data I hope we can resolve this quickly for you!

Firstly I would like to confirm that you are trying to import data to a Act! Premium Cloud Trial? If this is the case and you are using a CSV please review this article: 26828 How to Import Contact Data from an Excel®, Comma Delimited (CSV), or Text Delimited (TXT) File... while some options may not be available for Cloud it provides some great steps to look out for before importing.

As no data is being import I believe there maybe a formatting (Comma's / duplicate field names) that will be causing an issue during the import 

Alternatively on Cloud we provide links in your Welcome email to 'Migrate your data' from this link there is an 'Upload a Spreadsheet' option. This will send the file to our team who will be able to preform the import.

I hope the information I have provides helps to resolve your issue.

Copper Contributor

Re: URGENT: I need to import a company into Act Premium for web hosted (Its a 14 day trial verision ACT provided)

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I can confirm that I am trying to import data to a ACT premium cloud trial. I could not see a restore option in the cloud to restore a database.
so i export the companies and contacts into excel spreadsheets and am trying to import them into this trial version.

I have done import and exporting before so I cant understand what the problem is? I have exported the act demo data and am trying to import it into this trial?

I have read your article and check my excel sheet, the sheet looks ok. Any other ideas? I have done as you said and uploaded the demo database through the migrate your act email.

Copper Contributor

This is what I am getting whenever I export excel sheets? I know this sheet I have done before into normal act without any problems.

There is not a restore option available from the Premium Cloud, if you have a Backup of a database you can use the 'Migrate your data' link.

Thank you for providing the screenshot, as I mentioned previously regarding possible formatting issues. If you can save the spreadsheet as a .CSV file from excel by going to File - Save As and when prompted 'Save As type' please use 'CSV (Comma  Delimited (*.csv)' if you can try the import again and please let us know if the fields are correctly mapped.