Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

URGENT!!! ACT Version 19 web and Outlook 2013 addins tab and premium contact link

Copper Contributor

URGENT!!! ACT Version 19 web and Outlook 2013 addins tab and premium contact link

Hi All, 

I'm hoping someone out that can help me. 

I have ACT V19 Premium for web install and Outlook 2013 standard 32-bit. 

Firstly after unistalling ACT V19 and the installing the web verison Outlook addins tab has disappeared. 

I do not know how or why? I phoned ACT support and they dont know why? One guy said to delete preferences from ACTdiag and the addins tab

should return. (This did work for me) However as soon as I closed outlook the addins tab has gone and now if i delete the preferences it never comes

back? Help........ I really need this sorting. I have also repaired the actoutlookaddin.ddl. I have disabled and re-enabled the addin with no luck.

Secoundly ACT premium contact link. I have installed it in outlook through the managed apps and the icon does not show up in Outlook?

Why is this? It can't be the version of outlook and act I have above as I did a test using outlook pro plus 2013 32bit and ACT 18 and the 

contact link shows fine. 

Has anyone got any ideas as to what is going on????

Thanks in advance 

Administrator

Re: URGENT!!! ACT Version 19 web and Outlook 2013 addins tab and premium contact link

Hi Rachel,

Could you please try uninstalling the Act! outlook addin from Windows Control Panel. After this has complete, ensure there is no add-ins left in Outlook that mention Act.  Please then try reinstalling the add-in from your Act! Premium for Web database.

Regarding Act! Premium Contact Link, are you using Office 356, An exchange server with OWA, or an Outlook.com account?

Does the application appear in your Manage apps page like in the screenshot below?

Manage apps page in OWAManage apps page in OWA

Copper Contributor

Re: URGENT!!! ACT Version 19 web and Outlook 2013 addins tab and premium contact link

Hi Gary, 

Thanks for the reply. I will try the act addin and let you know how that goes. 

In regards to the ACT premium for web I am using an exchange server and the application does appear in manage apps like the screen below. and it says enabled. So i really don't understand why its not showing?

Copper Contributor

Gary, 

I dont see the act addin showing in my installed list in control panel. I have never heard of unistalling it from there before. 

The actoutlook.dll show in my act folder on the server and in my active tab within outlook so i know its installed. 

I dont know why its not showing?

Administrator

Hi Rachel,

Please can you confirm if you are using the desktop software or the web interface in a browser?
What exactly is shown in the Outlook Add-ins tab?

If you've previously had a desktop version of Act! installed, and are now using Act! Premium for Web (web interface in a browser), the desktop version of Act! should be uninstalled, and all the add-ins related to Act! should be removed from Outlook along with this. If this doesn't happen automatically, the add-ins can be removed by clicking on the Manage COM Add-ins button and removing them manually.
After this is completed, close Outlook, then open your web browser and browse to your APFW database. Click on Tools > Preferences > E-mail, then click Download. After the download completes, install the integration software.
This will appear in Windows Programs and Features as "Act! Premium (Web) Integration" , and in Outlook Add-ins as "Act! Premium for (Web) Outlook Addin".

Regarding Act! Premium Contact Link, what version of Exchange is running on your server? This should be 2013 or above.
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Gary, 

I have followed your instructions to login to the web console and go to preferences, but when clicking on the download button nothing happens?  

As well just to be clear this customer has currently act v19 premium installed on there server. The addins tab is missing in outlook?

I have a test environment setup at my side with act v19 premium for web. The addins tab is missing in outlook? So when you say that if they have the web the addin should be done through the web console it still doesn't work in the standard version.? (If that makes sense?)

Regarding the act premium contact link the customer has 2010 exchange and the premium contact link doesnt show after installed. 

In my test system I have exchange 2013 and the premium contact link doesnt show either? So I dont think it can be that if it doesnt show with exchange 

2013 and upbove its not compatible. 

I went through both of these scenarios over the phone with ACT and they said 'I had thrown a spanner in the works' and they couldnt understand what was happening. they though it was because I had microsoft office 2013 standard installed on my test system and the customer server. They

told me to download office 2013 pro plus on the test system because that will work. It still doesnt show??

Also in my office on my own pc I have ACT V18 and office standard 2013 and act premium link shows and works perfectly. Not sure what it going on

Copper Contributor

Hi Gary, 

Please can you confirm if you are using the desktop software or the web interface in a browser?

We have 2 systems at the minute, one is the customers which is act v19 premium and one is my test system which has act v19 web on it. 

The customer is looking to upgrade to the web hence me setting up my test system. 

If you've previously had a desktop version of Act! installed, and are now using Act! Premium for Web (web interface in a browser), the desktop version of Act! should be uninstalled, and all the add-ins related to Act! should be removed from Outlook along with this. If this doesn't happen automatically, the add-ins can be removed by clicking on the Manage COM Add-ins button and removing them manually.
After this is completed, close Outlook, then open your web browser and browse to your APFW database. Click on Tools > Preferences > E-mail, then click Download. After the download completes, install the integration software.
This will appear in Windows Programs and Features as "Act! Premium (Web) Integration" , and in Outlook Add-ins as "Act! Premium for (Web) Outlook Addin".

In regards to the bit above my customer still has ACT v19 premium standard not the web version yet and the outlook addins tab still isnt showing. So that cant be right surely???

Regarding Act! Premium Contact Link, what version of Exchange is running on your server? This should be 2013 or above.

The customer is running exchange 2010 and on my test system we are exchange 2013. Regardless of that the premium for web icon still doesnt show in outlook? 

Administrator

Hi Rachel,

If the download isn't starting, please try clicking once and then waiting. It can take a minute or two to prompt you.
You must be using Internet Explorer, and it's recommended that you have the following browser settings: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38158

I'm struggling to follow your explanation a little here. I would recommend you give us a call and speak with a technician who can assist you using remote support. Point them to this thread so that they can familiarise themselves with what we've already established here.

Regarding Act! Premium Contact Link, are you able to install any other Office store Add-ins? Try adding one from this link: https://store.office.com/en-gb/appshome.aspx?productgroup=Outlook&ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB
Nickel Super Contributor

This is so bizarre.  I had a customer on 19 that been running fine with Outlook and Word.  Yesterday, they got an error message that their integration no longer worked because there was an update.  This is disaster for customers and Act! -- 19.1 is due out next week, and there is an update that gets slipstreamed or whatever and causes this to break?  Frustrated.

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)
Administrator

Hi Brenda,

Could you tell us what the error message was?
How exactly did the integration stop working? Are the Outlook Add-ins tab icons appearing?
What have you tried to solve the issue?