Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Turning the Ring Alarm on Activity Types to 0 minutes on in the Calendar, at default setting?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Turning the Ring Alarm on Activity Types to 0 minutes on in the Calendar, at default setting?

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help, please?

Our organisation recently upgraded to ACT! version 18.2.53.0 – on Windows 10.

But we’ve noticed that the Activity Types in the Calendar are now, by default, automatically enabled to Ring Alarm at 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes, etc. So the result of this is that alarms are going off all the time on people's activities. It's true that they can be switched off specifically in the Calendar, but it's the default setting we are looking to change.

Before the upgrade, the Ring Alarm setting for all Activity Types was 0 minutes – i.e. so, in effect, the ring alarm was turned off.

I believe that the settings for three of four Activity Types – Call, Meeting and To-Do – cannot be changed (although, interestingly, these three Activity Types were previously set at 0 minutes by default for the Ring Alarm before we upgraded). But I believe it is possible to change all the other Activity Types.

Does anyone know how of change this Activity Type setting for Ring Alarm back to 0 minutes? In effect, we’re just looking to turn off the alarm

Hope somebody can advise!

Thanks.

Grant.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎10-05-2016 05:59 AM
Administrator

Re: Turning the Ring Alarm on Activity Types to 0 minutes on in the Calendar, at default setting?

Hi Grant,

You can change these default preferences by clicking on Tools > Preferences > Calendar & Activities > Activity Preferences

Act!_2016-09-26_16-39-06.png

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎10-05-2016 05:59 AM
Administrator

Re: Turning the Ring Alarm on Activity Types to 0 minutes on in the Calendar, at default setting?

Hi Grant,

You can change these default preferences by clicking on Tools > Preferences > Calendar & Activities > Activity Preferences

Act!_2016-09-26_16-39-06.png

Copper Contributor

Hi Gary,

Oh that looks grand.

Thanks very much for the reply! (<:

Best regards,
Grant.

Administrator

You're very welcome!
Copper Contributor

It worked perfectly, Gary - thank you!

Grant.