Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trying to set up remote database syncronization

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Trying to set up remote database syncronization

[ Edited ]

On the machine where the database is located, I get the following error when I click on accept incoming syncs:

Could not start sync server. ACT has encountered an error, please check that the sync server port is able to listen for incoming connections

I'm pretty sure this is the reason I can't get the other computers to successfully sync with the database.

ACT Network Sync Service is running.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author absteed
‎03-22-2016 01:17 PM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Trying to set up remote database syncronization

Are two different things...

1. ( accept incoming syncs ) this is called... Application Synchronization...  and for this you do not need a service,  is necessary only that the database is open to listen to synchronizations

2. Network Sync Service... This  is a service... and this service allows you to receive synchronizations without keep open the database on the server.

Suggestion/Test:

2.png

Now you can successfully start the Application Synchronization.  accept incoming syncs )

3.png

The remote database must be able to see the server name.  Example: (Start - Run)  \\actserver  (Enter)

I'm no expert, but I hope this can help you.

Do not forget to make frequent the Database backup and store safely the Database Administrator password.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author absteed
‎03-22-2016 01:17 PM
Nickel Super Contributor

Are two different things...

1. ( accept incoming syncs ) this is called... Application Synchronization...  and for this you do not need a service,  is necessary only that the database is open to listen to synchronizations

2. Network Sync Service... This  is a service... and this service allows you to receive synchronizations without keep open the database on the server.

Suggestion/Test:

2.png

Now you can successfully start the Application Synchronization.  accept incoming syncs )

3.png

The remote database must be able to see the server name.  Example: (Start - Run)  \\actserver  (Enter)

I'm no expert, but I hope this can help you.

Do not forget to make frequent the Database backup and store safely the Database Administrator password.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com

Thank you, this worked for 1 of the 3 computers. I still have 2 computers that won't sync. 1 of them won't even unpack the remote database so this may work yet on it when I get that problem resolved (it says the sql server isn't running).

After I changed all the settings on the second computer that still won't sync, this is the error message I received:

ACT is unable to connect to the sync server. Check to be sure "accept incoming sync" is enabled in the main database and that the network sync service is running. Also be sure you are connected to your network.

I know the computer is connected to the network

And 1 of my computers will sync with the database, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Not sure what I was doing wrong but everything works now. Thanks again for your help!