Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trying to run Opportunity Report for only one process

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Trying to run Opportunity Report for only one process

[ Edited ]

Is it possible to run an opportunity report and choose only one process? I have several process set up, each with their own stages and I want to run the report on each process individually. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Jennifer Trippetti

Message Edited by jtrippetti on 06-24-2010 03:57 PM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jtrippetti
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Trying to run Opportunity Report for only one process

Page numbering is a system field in the report so no editing. You could shorten the field so it would truncate the last part.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies

Yes and no. The report could be made to separate the processes but there isn't any filter to run the report for only one process.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Right now I have the report set up to separate out the different processes (the first section header has the process), but you're saying there's no way to only generate the report for one of the processes? My report now spits out 14 pages - the first 4 have one process, the last 10 have the other. So there's no way to only generate the report with the first 4 pages?

How about this then - can I edit the footer so it doesn't show the page number like this: "Page 1 of 14". I'd rather have it say "Page 1", etc. and then I can print & distrubute only the first 4 pages of the report & no one will be the wiser.

Solution
Accepted by topic author jtrippetti
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Page numbering is a system field in the report so no editing. You could shorten the field so it would truncate the last part.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Well now, that's a workaround. It'll have to do. Thanks for the help!

Jennifer,

You had mentioned that you only needed the first 4 pages or so of the report. If you want to save paper, then output the report to a .PDF file first, then print the .PDF so you can specify the page range to print.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Yes, that's what I've been doing (only printing the pages I need to a PDF) but it bothers me that the bottom says, "Page 1 of 30" when it's actually Page 1 of 10. It causes confusion in meetings when I show the report, even as a PDF.

[ Edited ]

I understand where that can cause confusion. A suggestion would be to narrow to width of the Page Number field to cutoff the "of #" part. Then add a text field next to it where you can manually type "of" and then the actual number of pages, save and close the template, then run it. You would need to open the Properties box in the report designer (press F4 on your keyoboard) and manually change the width of the Page Number field to .45 inches. Then move it little to the left and insert a text field around .4 inches in width. A little unorthodox, but it should work.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.