Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trying to filter Scan for Duplicates

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Trying to filter Scan for Duplicates

Act Premium 2013.Have about 10.000 ((out of 50.000 list)) of duplicates and I am trying (to avoid manually deleting) to only delete those

(on basis of Company,Contact in the three ScanDuplicate option) to keep the addresses where the fields Email,Phone,FaxPhone

are NOT empty.

Example:

Company----------  Contact-----------Phone------------FaxPhone---------Email

Johson Company,Barbara Higgs,   12345                                         barbara@xxxx.com

Johson Company,Barbara Higgs                                                 

So I like to maintain the first one and delete the second one. if possible automatically.

How to do this ?

Thanks

William

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Petrovlis
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Trying to filter Scan for Duplicates

I meant common element as in all the duplicates I want to delete do not have a phone number.... were created on 12/14/1998.. etc

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

If you could find a common element amoung the records you want to delete. Sort the lookup basised on that value. Select the contacts you want to delete, and delete them as a group.

If you have more than one element you want to sort by, select and right click to lookup selected contacts until you narrow the list down.

Copper Contributor

I think that is not the easy solution, the common name is the double name (company)... so

Checking/waiting for other replies.

Solution
Accepted by topic author Petrovlis
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I meant common element as in all the duplicates I want to delete do not have a phone number.... were created on 12/14/1998.. etc