Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trouble restoring a backup ACT Premium V10 (2008)

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Trouble restoring a backup ACT Premium V10 (2008)

Is the MSSMLBIZ instance running in services? You should be able to safely uninstall all apps starting with "Microsoft SQL Server". If you are using Windows XP, then also uninstall MSXML 6.0 Parser.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

It says "Manual". I beleive it may be for Quickbooks....Do I delete it?

It's definitely not for Quickbooks. I believe it's for an MS Office add-in, which most people don't realize they have and never use. I have always removed this and never has any issues.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

With your suggestion, I will remove the following all starting with SQL Server:

1) MSSMLBIZ

2) Active Directory Helper

3) Browser

4) VSS Writer

Correct?

If those are all the listed apps that start with "Microsoft SQL Server", then yes.

Greig Hollister

Ok. All is uninstalled. What do you suggest my next steps should be? and BTW...thank you for your help

Uninstall ACT! as well, then reboot, the run ACT! 2008 install which will reinstall both ACT! and SQL.

Greig Hollister

I followed all your suggestions and get the followin gerror after trying to restore the backup:

Act.Data.DatabaseAccessException: The SQL Database instance is unavailable

AAAARRRGGGHHHH

I also checked RUN and then Services.msc and see no instances of SQL anywhere on my system!

If SQL is not present on your machine, then try running the manual install process in this KB article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1938...

Greig Hollister