Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trigger An Activity

Copper Contributor

Trigger An Activity

Is it possible to have a scheduled task that would trigger based on the value of a field. An example: we have a field that holds the contacts Current Age....when they reach a certain age then a scheduled task would be generated.  If ACT doesn't have this capability then is there a 3rd party software addon?  Thanks for your help....Smiley Happy  Chris
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Trigger An Activity

Unfortunately, ACT! is unable to trigger an activity based on a specific value. You can only trigger anything from a field based on when changing a field, W=when entering a field, or When leaving a field.

I am not aware of any addon's that provide that functionality, but I would recommend checking the list of Add-on solutions found at http://www.act.com/products/solutions/index.cfm?WT.mc_id=actsolutions&CFID=39872801&CFTOKEN=51752322
Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Contributor

I just want to have a "Call For Appt" scheduled when a client reaches the age of 71.
Copper Contributor

Do you have a field that you enter for their birthdate and when they enter the birthday another field that calculates their birthdate when they reach 71?  I think you should be able to generate a macro to allow you to set an appointment based and that field. 

You could also schedule an activity series.  Thing is I don't think it can go past a certain number of days.  Perhaps you can set it to months or even weeks. 
V Flores
ACE Packaging Inc.
Package Design or Standard offerings we have it all. New car scent will cost extra.

Graham, depending on how important this is to you, you could get someone with the ACT! SDK to create a trigger like that for you.

Something that runs once a day (or even month), does a lookup by that field and creates the activities
Copper Contributor

Thanks Mike.....I'll look into that option......At the moment I am evaluating Sales Automation Manager to see if this would work.....but so far I'm just trying to learn the software to see if it would do the job.  Thanks.....Chris

If SAM doesn't do it, let me know your area and I might be able to point you towards a developer that can do it for you
Copper Contributor

Hi Mike

I would be interested in speaking to a developer.....any assistance you can provide and pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.....Smiley Happy Chris

As you're in Canada (according to your profile), why not speak to someone local... I'd suggest Gilles at http://www.exponenciel.com/

Tell him I said hi.

He does quite a few add-ons (even sells one I wrote) and might be able to find one for you or custom one if necessary