Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trapped In "Scan for Duplicates"

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Trapped In "Scan for Duplicates"

ACT! Premium 18

I used the function "Scan for Duplicates" (Tools, Scan for Duplicates) and now I'm stuck.

HOW DO YOU TURN THIS OFF??

Thanks much for any and all assistance!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author admintch
‎06-21-2016 07:55 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Trapped In "Scan for Duplicates"

Thank you for all of your help!

I was able to determine, maybe not a solution, but a fix that allowed me to utilize ACT! properly.

In using ACT! with Durking Computing "Impact Reports", the layout of ACT! changed with "Scan for Duplicates". What I mean is that 4-5 pop-up boxes came up underneath the Contact List that allowed for the search/sort of Contacts for duplicates and more. Along with these pop-up boxes is a new side bar (left) with all the icons of "Contact", "Company", etc.

I found that checking "All Users" in one of the pop-up boxes below the list that came up with "Scan for Duplicates", and Lookup > All Contacts, the whole contact list appeared again. From there it was using the Options menu on the right upper-hand corner to "Customize Columns" and add those columns that were originally in ACT!.

This has solved my problem.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi admintch,

At what point are you getting stuck? Do you see either of the following dialogs windows after clicking Scan for Duplicates?

Act!_2016-06-21_11-15-04.png

Act!_2016-06-21_11-15-09.png

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm stuck after the scan for the duplicates. I see both dialogues and go through both (though I hit no on combining the duplicates). Then I end up at the list of contacts that are duplicates only.

So my first thought was to go to Lookup - All contacts, but it still only shows the duplicate contacts.

Administrator

How strange, I've never heard of becoming stuck in a lookup.

If you're certain Lookup > All contacts isn't working after the scan, can you test if:

1. You're able to Lookup > All contacts after a normal lookup?
  2. You can reproduce the issue after scanning for duplicates, in a different database, i.e. the demo DB.
Copper Contributor

I'm certain Lookup > All Contacts doesn't work after the scan.

And: Lookup > All Contacts after a normal lookup doesn't work either since a normal lookup doesn't even bring up the contact list just the contact detail list (where you have to scroll through every one to see them all) - and even then it only works on the "Split Screen".

We don't have access to another database unfortunately.

Administrator

I'm afraid I'm a bit confused by your descriptions. I would strongly suggest calling our technical support team or an Act! Certified Consultant to get further advice on this, where they would be able to see your issue in action.

Our support team can be reached on 866 873 2006
You can find an ACC here: http://partners.act.com
Solution
Accepted by topic author admintch
‎06-21-2016 07:55 AM
Copper Contributor

Thank you for all of your help!

I was able to determine, maybe not a solution, but a fix that allowed me to utilize ACT! properly.

In using ACT! with Durking Computing "Impact Reports", the layout of ACT! changed with "Scan for Duplicates". What I mean is that 4-5 pop-up boxes came up underneath the Contact List that allowed for the search/sort of Contacts for duplicates and more. Along with these pop-up boxes is a new side bar (left) with all the icons of "Contact", "Company", etc.

I found that checking "All Users" in one of the pop-up boxes below the list that came up with "Scan for Duplicates", and Lookup > All Contacts, the whole contact list appeared again. From there it was using the Options menu on the right upper-hand corner to "Customize Columns" and add those columns that were originally in ACT!.

This has solved my problem.