Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Transparent Fields / Read-only fields

Transparent Fields / Read-only fields

Hi there

We installed Act Premium for Web 2011 and are mostly happy with it. I have two issues which I hope you can give me guidance on:

1. In earlier versions of ACT it was possible to create transparent fields in order to protect some fields from being changed. This no longer seems to work. Is there a know workaround?

2. As this does not work I tried to make these fields in the contact view read-only (they should be updated in company view only) but what happens when updating the linked-fields is that no update is taking place in the contact view.

I hope you can help me on this issue(s).

Best regards,

Martin

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Transparent Fields / Read-only fields

The trick with the transparent field in ACT! 6 and before was worthless. It could be defeated in so many ways, swtching layout, editing the field in the list view, modify the filed with edit replace, etc. The field level sexurity in ACT! premium is much better though I would have to experiment to see what would happen on fields that are linked between tables. I suspect they need to be the same security level in both tables.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Transparent Fields / Read-only fields

Roy

Thank you for your answer. If you could test it I would be more than happy. I can't give the same security level on the field as one of the fields has to be editable.

Regards,

Martin