Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Transferring info from ACT to Master Builder

Transferring info from ACT to Master Builder

I'm new to using Master Builder and ACT, but the company I work for has used them for many years.  I'm tasked with trying to stream line their process from new client phone call to project completion.  The issue I'm stuck with right now is how to get basic customer information to transfer from ACT (which they use to manage their client database) to Master Builder (which they use for job info, inventory, and accounts rec/pay).  Right now all this information has to be manually retyped when the process goes from ACT to Master Builder.  Is there a way to import this information from one to the other?  Or any other ideas from the community on this problem of dual entry?

Thanks

Astute Commentator

Re: Transferring info from ACT to Master Builder

There is not a link between both systems at this point. Sage Master Builder has been discussing this as part of their future releases but as of today it has not been said when. There is a company Aronson Security Group in Seattle, Washington that has linked these together using the Sage Master Builder API software.

Bronze Contributor

I assume that you can import into Master Builder so I would get two products to create the export file automatically

Topline reports to create the required list and Topline alerts to send this via an Excel file to a specific folder on a continuing basis and then you would just need to import into Master Builder.

cost of both software about $250 plus some consulting time if you require assistance to setup and configure the schedule. www.toplineresults.com

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Is this publicly available software, or something only for Aronson Security?  

And how is it that Sage products don't talk to each other?  What is this, Microsoft?  

Hi, I am trying to do the same thing.  Did you ever get it figured out?