Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Transfer Sage ACT! 2013 to New Computer

Highlighted

Transfer Sage ACT! 2013 to New Computer

[ Edited ]

I recently took over as the network admin for a small office. Their Business Service Team purchased 8 ACT! Premium 2013 licenses several years ago. I would like to replace one of their older computers (that has ACT! installed) with a newer PC, but I am hesitant to mess with ACT! because I can't find a concise answer on the process for moving to a new computer.

They have 8 users all connected to the same database on a separate server (which I backup regularly). I don't want to move the database to a new server/computer, I just want to replace a user's computer. Do I have to go through the "File->Prepare to move database" steps, or do I just install ACT! on the new computer and use the same license key?

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Transfer Sage ACT! 2013 to New Computer

Hi Annie,

If the database is on the server, there should be no problem so that before changing the computer ... you can install Act! on the new computer

Just consider the compatibility matrix of Act! with the version of Windows and Office (Microsoft Office must be previously installed 32Bit if you want to integrate Act! with Outlook to create a history record of each email sent)  CLICK HERE  (Office 2003, 2007 or 2010 32Bit)

Suggestion: You must also have at least one email account configured in Outlook before you start the installation of Act!

If you need any extra help, or the license number does not allow you to activate it online, you can write me at soporte@praxisol.com

Click on the image to enlarge it

2.jpg..

- - - - - - - - -

Click on the image to enlarge it

3.jpg

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted

Thank you, Juan! I'll take a stab at it tomorrow.
Highlighted
Administrator

Yep, Juan is correct.

Do be aware, that Windows 10 wouldn't be supported with Act! 2013, we don't test on that version and can't guarantee compatibility - it may work or may not. More info in the compatibility KB Juan has linked to.

Other than that, it's just a case of installing Act! - clicking File > Open/Share database > "The Database I want is not listed..." > Browse to the location of the pad file on your network (or as Juan has suggested, you can create a copy of the pad file and email/transfer it onto the PC.

The PAD file simply acts as a pointer to the main database file (the .adf) on your network and can be copied to other machines.