Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tracking sales histories

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Tracking sales histories

I'am a new Act 1 user. I would like to know the best way to record sales (products) having been made to our clients so to have the possibility to see this information for the next time. I know I can use the opportunities window but is it the only way to get this kind of information ?

Thanks

: ) 

AL

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author André Labelle
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Tracking sales histories

Opportunities would be best to track your sales orders.  You can use the history tab or create new fields to keep track of the order history also.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author André Labelle
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Opportunities would be best to track your sales orders.  You can use the history tab or create new fields to keep track of the order history also.

Great But I want a single report based on my Opportunity contact, with all of that person's history.  As I understand it the Database gods have given us at least two databased the one we all know and love for (contact, notes and History) and then when the Opportunity fields were added that was a second database.  I have written an number of reports in the for the Notes/History data base and for the Opportunity database but can non link the two into one data base...

As a managment tool I want to see if my team is calling on our pipeline leads and when was the last time that contact was worked....

Thoughts... I was told stonecreek might beable to help but I am reluctant to buy more software to write a report that I feel I should be able to get from the core product...

I have been using Act for 17+ years and have just over 10k names we track about half are fully active.

Platinum Elite Contributor

With all due respect, your view of the ACT! database is not correct. The ACT! database is made up of a set of one-to-many interconnected tables. These separate tables include Contact, Group, Company, Notes, History, Activity, Opportunity, etc. Using an addon to define them, you can even add custom one-to-many tables to the ACT! database. 

However, the report editor does have fixed data source modules for different kinds of reports. If you create a report based on the Contact table, you can add subreports for Notes, History, Activity and Opportunity. On the other hand, if you create a report based on the Opportunity table, you are limited to adding a subreport for Product. One option for you would be to create a report based on the Contact table and then you would be able to include both Opportunities and Histories for that contact. The drawback is that any easy totaling of opportunities would be limited to each contact. To get global opportunity totals would require some significant additional VB script programming in that report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129