Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tracking of Emails - See Who It Was Sent To?

Copper Contributor

Tracking of Emails - See Who It Was Sent To?

I realize Act can store emails sent to both the TO and FROM in an email.  However, there are times where I track an email sent to a 3rd party that may or may not be in my database that is important to one of the contact records I do have in my database.  In these cases, I specify which contact record to store the email history to.

Although the email content itself is recorded properly in the contact history, it does not show me anything about who the email was actually sent to.  I do not want to have to store contacts in my database unless its someone I commonly interact with.  Is there any way to ensure that email history that is recorded also shows not just the content of the email but the header as well?

I'm using Act v18 Premium Web.

Thanks

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Tracking of Emails - See Who It Was Sent To?

Hola Marco...

the following is just an idea...  (From step 1 to 3 it is done only once)

1.png2.png3.png

When I get or send an email ... I use it with the forward option to  Copy information in a manual record history.

4.png5.png6.png

In some cases not enough F5 or Refresh to see this new history Record , it may be that you should move to another contact and return or restart the database

7.png

This way you are registered in the history full information on incoming and outgoing emails

This is not an official technical note, but it's just an idea

Do not forget to periodically backup your database and store safely the administrator password

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Copper Super Contributor

Another option possibly is have a little bit of code in Outlook to add this to the email.. for example i have code at the moment that puyt the following if there is any attachements

Total number of attached files: 2
** Attached file: image002.png
** Attached file: image003.jpg

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Copper Super Contributor

Nice workaround but still very long and time consuming it would be far easier if Act copied those details with the Outlook email linking, its rather odd that it does not already do it

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Copper Contributor

I agree, there must be a simpler way to accomplish this. I'm actually shocked the header information is not stored.  The only resolution would be to store all emails as attachments rather than just the subject/message but that will quickly eat up storage space not to mention you would have to click on the attachment (paperclip icon) in the history entry to open the email instead of just selecting the entry and seeing a preview of the email.