Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tracking email sent through Act/Outlook

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Tracking email sent through Act/Outlook

I have installed Act on a new laptop, and it has been working mostly as expected. I have configured the program to use Outlook 2016 as the mail program.

Sending through Act and Outlook has not been a proble, but the program doesn't keep a record of emails sent, or a copy of the sent emails.

Is there some setting I have missed somehow beyond identifying Outlook as my email client?

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Tracking email sent through Act/Outlook

I understand that when you did the integration process between Act! and Outlook, Act! recognized Office Outlook (So I think it is not necessary to explain the integration process)

In any case, it is important to keep in mind that:

1. The correct installation ode is First Office - At least one email account is configured - and then Act! ... If for some reason this installation order was not correct or you uninstalled Office to install a new version ... the best practice is to uninstall both programs to be able to install them in the correct order.

2. It could also be happening that some Antivirus or Firewall is giving a problem for the integration to work correctly, in that case I suggest you take care of the list of exclusions that must be made in the following link  ... CLICK HERE

3. It is important that you completely and permanently deactivate the UAC (User account control) Windows 7 and Server 2008 CLICK HERE - Windows 10 CLICK HERE

4. Consider the compatibility matrix of Act! with Outlook - in this link CLICK HERE click on the Chapter Microsoft Office Integration

In some cases, if your computer hasn’t been restarted in over 24 hours, there could be leftover processes or services running in the background that could be keeping the Act.Outlook.Service.exe from having enough memory to run. - If it reads over 24 hours, save and close all of your programs and reboot the machine

If none of the above works - please check in your respective order each of the points suggested in this article CLICK HERE

Remember to periodically back up your database, I hope this is useful to solve your case

Best regards and good luck

FIRMA.png
Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

If all set up correctly and office was installed before ACT then a repair of office often fixes this - worth a try before digging any deeper.

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Yes I did.

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

I looked at the knowledge base article about my version of Outlook, 16.010325.20082. The article states that Outlook builds later than 16.0.6965.2058 have a problem and recommends an update. The problem is that it only shows updates for Act ver. 19.2--and I am using 20.1.120.0, Update 7.

I have done a repair of Office and disabled UAC. I have verified that all the preferences are set properly.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you VERY much for responding!