Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Too fast disappearing of keyboard entry entering company name in Companyt List ACT!11 Premium EX

Too fast disappearing of keyboard entry entering company name in Companyt List ACT!11 Premium EX

Hello,

We have recently been migrated from ACT9! Standard version to ACT!11 Premium EX version.

Since the we do have the problem on several computer with OS MS XP Professional that when we enter the company name of a company name in the “Look for” area before we are able to enter the third of fourth character the “Look for” area is switched to blank and ACT! jumps to second entered character.

The only way when it works normally is to enter the company name enormous quickly. Another way is to enter the first character of the company name and then scroll downward to the specific company.

Is someone familiar with this problem and does have any suggestions how to solve this?

Thanks, Rob

Kind regards,

Rob van der Molen
Copper Contributor

Re: Too fast disappearing of keyboard entry entering company name in Company List ACT!11 Premium EX

I have not seen this but... 

Can you replicate this behavior on every computer i.e...Does it occur on every computer sharing the database?

Does it occur on the Server computer itself?

If you open the Demo database on one of these computers' C:\ drive, does it still do occur?

Ginger Ney
ACT! Certified Consultant
Cornerstone Solutions, Inc.
713-661-5095
ney@cornerstonesolutions.com
www.cornerstonesolutions.com
Copper Contributor

Re: Too fast disappearing of keyboard entry entering company name in Companyt List ACT!11 Premium EX

No solution here, but I too have the same problem.  Several of my companies have the same name, so we use a unique number for that field.  It's a bit frustrating for our Sales Team.

Re: Too fast disappearing of keyboard entry entering company name in Company List ACT!11 Premium EX

Hi Ginger,

We have this problem on each computer on which ACT!11 Premium EX has been installed and they are sharing the same database. Also on the server computer itselfs we have the same problem. It also occurs with with the local demo database on each computer.

It's quite frustrated to work with ACT! with this bug. Thanks for your reply.

Rob

Kind regards,

Rob van der Molen
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi - This is a work round that I use for my clients.

It is possible to customize the menu bar and add 'NAME' to the bar. This allows the user to look for the Company without going through a number of options.

It does not complete the lookup until the users clicks the OK Button. If you get more than 1 hit it gives the companies in list view with just the matching names.

From the Company or Company List view -

Tools, Customize, Menus and Toolbars, Commands, Lookup, (Using the scroll bar look for NAME), Drag NAME to the top line of the layout, close.

Hope this helps.

Chip 

Bronze Elite Contributor

Correction.

The instructions should end  Drag NAME to top of Toolbar - not Layout.

Chip