Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

To many connections (V9)

Copper Contributor

To many connections (V9)

I'm trying to connect via the web to a act premium for web service and I'm getting the following error:

The ACT! for Web server you are accessing has reached the maximum number of connections allowed. Please, try again later after some users have logged off or contact your system administrator to add more user counts to the system.

I'm confused becuase no one has logged into the sysetem. I susspect is a security patch or soemthing along that lines but im pretty new to hosting web applciations so any pointers would be helpful

also i'm running windows 2k3 server

Bronze Contributor

Re: To many connections (V9)

[ Edited ]

Hi, this error typically happens when the registration doesn't complete.  It appears that installing via remote desktop can make this happen - not sure why, but it does.  What you can try is to rename the KGyGaAvL.sys file located "typically" in the C:\Documents and Setting\All Users\Application Data folder to something like KGyGaAvl.old.   When you start up ACT again, it rebuilds this file.  Note - this is a Windows file owned by the Protexis Licensing application.  Other applications on your server "may" use this file to keep track of registered serial numbers.  If that is the case, you just need to reregister those applications as well - usually by opening them and stepping thru registration.

Hope this helps.

Message Edited by pregen on 09-24-2009 10:00 AM
Message Edited by pregen on 09-24-2009 10:00 AM
Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Copper Contributor

I'll give that a try.

Can I do this from rdp or would you recomend logging in to the actuall machine

I only mention this because its some distance ( car ride) away at the moment.

thanks for your help ill post back with the results.

Bronze Contributor

Since RDP can cause the issue, I'd be reluctant to do this remotely - but since you're not really messing with the install, you might be ok.
Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!