Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

To-Dos are not rolling over

To-Dos are not rolling over

This question is about ACT! Premium 16 (workgroup, with 10 users), not the web version.

My firm recently upgraded from ACT! 6 to ACT! Premium 16.  In ACT! 6 if To-dos are set to automatically roll over to the next day, this happens every day without fail.

However, in ACT! 16, To-dos seem to roll over only when entering the database, even though they are selected to roll over under preferences.  I'm of the old school that says, never shut down your computer until necessary), so it's my habit to not exit ACT! at the end of the day.  When I come back the next morning ACT! 16 does not roll over To-dos unless and until I exit the database (or ACT! itself) and reload.

Is there a setting I can adjust to make ACT! Premium 16 roll over To-dos regardless of whether or not I exit the database.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: To-Dos are not rolling over

No, it's working as designed.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks.  It's not a feature that I appreciate, but thank you for your answer.

David

Platinum Elite Contributor

I believe the difference is related to the fact that in ACT! 6 the ACT! program directly controlled the database. Now ACT! access the database information through the SQL Server and no longer directly controls the database.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129