Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Three questions regarding ACT! 2010: date format, company/contact data linking, and hyperlinks

Tuned Listener

Three questions regarding ACT! 2010: date format, company/contact data linking, and hyperlinks

OK!  I'm editing some layouts, and would love some information.  Three questions!  I'm running ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.0.409.0

1) I'd like to change the date format in all the fields on the contact page from mm/dd/yyyy to yymmdd.  These are fields where the data type is set to date.

2) I'd like to have information on companies show up on all of the contacts, and when it's updated (preferably on any of the contacts OR the company) all of the other contacts and the company are updated as well.  Can I do this?

3) I'd like to link data in a field on my contacts page to a folder on our intranet, which should be a simple hyperlink, but I want the value of the field to be something other than the address to the folder.  How do I do this?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Three questions regarding ACT! 2010: date format, company/contact data linking, and hyperlinks

1. It uses the date format in the Windows regional Settings. You can change it there

2. Updating the Contacts won't update the Company, but updating the Company can also update linked fields in linked contacts

3. What do you want the value to be? You would just put in the URL of the link

Tuned Listener

Re: Three questions regarding ACT! 2010: date format, company/contact data linking, and hyperlinks

Thanks so much for your response!  To clarify:

2) How do I link a field from a company to a contact?

3) I want the value in the field to be an arbitray number of my choosing, but I want it to be hyperlinked to something different entirely.  How would I do that?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Tuned Listener

Thanks Mike!