Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

There was a problem connecting to the OLEDB engine, Please rebuild the ACT! OLEDB engine and try again

Tuned Listener

There was a problem connecting to the OLEDB engine, Please rebuild the ACT! OLEDB engine and try again

Hi, not sure it this could be a TOPLINE issue?,but  after installed Dash Manager the following error has appeared

"There was a problem connecting to the OLEDB engine, Please rebuild the ACT! OLEDB engine and try again" followed by "object reference not set to a instance of a object"

Unable to find any corrospondance on the forum and KB and have performed all Actdiag rebuilds

Platform XP office 2003.

Cheers

Tracie

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: There was a problem connecting to the OLEDB engine, Please rebuild the ACT! OLEDB engine and try again

Tuned Listener

Re: There was a problem connecting to the OLEDB engine, Please rebuild the ACT! OLEDB engine and try again

I have performed both the OLEBD and OLEDB V2 in actdiag, and still have the same issue/errors, is there something else that I could try please?

Cheers

Tracie

I would go through all the repair options and then contact TopLine for any other suggestion.

Did you get it through a local reseller?
Copper Contributor

Did you ever find a fix for this problem?  Because I am having the same problem and not getting anywhere with Topline or ACT!

Copper Contributor

In case you havint found another answer by now.

when you open topline dash Make a note of the dash board its trying to open.

close the dash board by clicking on the X for that dashboard.
it seems that the opening dash bpard has become corrupt or is no longer present.

if you create a new dashboard with the same name or delete the one last used you may find th error goes away.

Stephen King
Also Devices Pty Ltd

That's for that Stephen ... will file that away to test, next time I run across it.
Copper Contributor

I can't create a dashboard that will access the custom tables that I have created with Topline Design.  I get this error message and topline is telling me it is an ACT! problem.  Had an ACT! support tech log in and run every test, rebuild etc. and cannot fix it.

"7/23/2013 7:53:09 AM","ErrorLog","There was a problem connecting to the OLEDB engine.  Please rebuild the ACT! OLEDB engine and try again"

****Full Exception Text****
System.ArgumentException: Column 'Column_Name' does not belong to table .
   at System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName)
   at System.Data.DataRow.get_Item(String columnName)
   at Act.TopLine.QueryFramework.OLEDB.GetValue(DataRow dr, String column)
   at Act.TopLine.QueryFramework.TableController..ctor(ActFramework ActFwk)
   at Act.TopLine.QueryFramework.QueryEngine..ctor(ActFramework ActFwk)
   at TopLine.ACTPanels12.Globals.get_QueryEngine()

Have you tried rebuilding the OLEDB from ACTDIAG?
Have you tried another database?
Have you tried a different machine?
Employee

[ Edited ]

Can you connect to the OLEDB provider via Excel? 

If you don't have office installed, you can create a new text file and rename the extension to .udl. This will allow you to input the connection string information. Also, in Program Files/Act/Act for Windows you can find LogViewer.exe, in there may be some addtional information on why the connection is failing, if you could reply with that it may give us some insight into what's going on.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator