Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The version of Sage ACT! you are installing is already installed. (Premium (Web) 2012

Copper Contributor

The version of Sage ACT! you are installing is already installed. (Premium (Web) 2012

The beta trials worked since I was installing on a clean machine but now I am trying to upgrade from ACT! 2007 (NOT Premium) to a licensed copy  of ACT! 2012 (Web).

I get the following error alert "The version of Sage ACT! you are installing is already installed or you have Sage ACT! Premium for Windows installed on your machine. The installation will stop."

I have neither a previous copy of 2012 nor ACT! Premium installed. The obvious quick response is to uninstall ACT!.

Is this a valid idea? None of the documentation mentions needing to uninstall previous versions.

Any insights will be appreciated.

Copper Contributor

Re: The version of Sage ACT! you are installing is already installed. (Premium (Web) 2012

Just a follow-up observation: I've tried to install on three computers that have ACT! 2007 installed. Same results. I noticed on the second that the setup was trying to install MS SQL 2005. On a hunch, I uninstalled all the SQL files and tried again. Same results,setup started to install MS SQL 2005 and failed again with the same error. After completely uninstalling ACT! and SQL, the install succeeded on each machine.