Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The serial number used is valid, however it is not entitled to this version of Act!. Would you like to launch the license wizard?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

The serial number used is valid, however it is not entitled to this version of Act!. Would you like to launch the license wizard?

Hi, I want o reinstall the ACT! on server. why I got that error? And this installer link still valid, right? https://www.act.com/en-uk/download/download-act!-premium-v21

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author asri
‎12-23-2019 05:47 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: The serial number used is valid, however it is not entitled to this version of Act!. Would you like to launch the license wizard?

My problem already solved. It's because of ACT version. On download link is updated version. So now I will keep my installer for future uses

View solution in original post

All Replies
Silver Super Contributor

Re: The serial number used is valid, however it is not entitled to this version of Act!. Would you like to launch the license wizard?

Did you get a new serial number at the beginning of this year? ACT changed the way it licenced the product and that required a new serial number which was issues FOC. You also need the ACT product V21 to include the latest update patch, what full version is it when looking at Help, About ACT?

More info here -

https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024414833-Licensing-Software-Update-Versions-v19-v20-and-v...

Copper Contributor

But, I bought the ACT! on January 2019. Supposedly will no affect, right? My version is ACT! Premium V21
Copper Contributor

From link installer, I chose ACT! Web client. Is't true? I want to install on server.
Silver Super Contributor

Can you select help in ACT and let us have the full version number not just the ACT 21 but the bit after so we can tell if it is the compatible version with the new licencing system?

Can you also check that you have a an original licence for Premium and not just Professional version as this would also explain why you are getting the wrong version message. 

Copper Contributor

here the information from Help.

Solution
Accepted by topic author asri
‎12-23-2019 05:47 AM
Copper Contributor

My problem already solved. It's because of ACT version. On download link is updated version. So now I will keep my installer for future uses