Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The record you are trying to create is a duplicate on all records

Copper Contributor

The record you are trying to create is a duplicate on all records

In act Premium web client if I goto company click on create a new contact from company I get The record you are trying to create is a duplicate do you want to continue for everything I unchecked look for dups in tools -> prefances. I also removed all blank contacts and reindexed database.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: The record you are trying to create is a duplicate on all records

Copper Contributor

Act premium for Web 2010 Ver 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1

Copper Contributor

We had the same problem & I'm on ACT Premium 2012.  The weird thing is it happened for a couple of days then the problem just went away.  I never determined what was going on and we didn't change anything. 

Copper Contributor

The gui client is fine and if you add a contact or company it is fine it is only when you are in the web client and you make a contact off of the company it is a link on the left side

Bronze Super Contributor

Must be a bug in the web client then...

Copper Contributor

That's what I am thinking and it comes up immediately, Is there any patches or updates for the web client?

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello freshfitz,
You can try applying Hot Fix 5 for ACT! 2010 SP1 (this is a cumulative hot fix). Details and download instructions are in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2599...

We haven't seen this as a reported issue for the web client. Is the message coming up as soon as you click "Create Contact from Company", or when you attempt to save the new contact? If coming up when you save, does clicking "Yes" allow you to save the contact and continue? Also, which browser are you using to access the web client?

Incidentally, I was not able to reproduce this issue in the ACT! 2012 web client.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

It comes up as soon as you click "Create Contact from Company". I will try the hot fix 5 tonight and see if that fixes it. Using IE8

Copper Contributor

Applied hotfix 5 messages still shows up