Why fix something we no longer sell or care about

see below

http://na.sage.com/us/sage-crm#editions

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: The old act is gone and now going to the cloud

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Although OP posted wrong link, the headline is still mostly right re: ACT going to the cloud.  

ACT! Pro is no longer listed as a product on the Swiftpage or ACT! website, and does not appear on the "Product Offer Brief" published by Swiftpage.   I'm told by Swiftpage that Act! Pro is still available "by request", but I'm willing to bet a month's pay that will change.  Ultimately, Swiftpage will move Act to a subscription only product .... and in the process, I expect, will lose many of the small business customers that made the product successful.

Luis

Platinum Elite Contributor

Act! Pro is available through the Act! Consultants ... All they've done is change the distribution model
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

GLComputing wrote:
Act! Pro is available through the Act! Consultants ... All they've done is change the distribution model

But to judge from their website Act! Pro no longer exists.  Not listed on the products page.  Not listed as a supported product, etc.

How are *new* customers even supposed to find resellers for a product they don't know exists ? 

I understand that they might want to sell it through a distribution channel.  What I don't understand is that they don't even ackowledge that it exists.  

Swiftpage could just as easily provide product information on their website(s) and note that a particular version is available ONLY through partners.  

My point: They've obliterated references to Act! Pro from their marketing materials.  That's a sign of things to come and it's concerning.

Luis Rodrigues