Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The database you are trying to access has been locked by an administrator - HELP!

The database you are trying to access has been locked by an administrator - HELP!

We are using ACT Premium for Web Version 18 hosted by ACT! and we also have a remote database of the same version. 

The database is shared.

I am the administrator who locked the database intending to make some field changes.

However, my browser froze and I had to exit and restart.

After I restarted the browser and logged into the database, it said "The database you are trying to access has been locked by an administrator". 

How can I unlock the database? I am on perpetual hold with ACT Support.

Thanks,

Mona Wolf

Administrator

Re: The database you are trying to access has been locked by an administrator - HELP!

Hi Mona,

I can see you spoke to support who unlocked the database for you.
In future I would suggest using your remote database to make the layout changes.

Re: The database you are trying to access has been locked by an administrator - HELP!

Hi Gary,

I was trying to make field definition changes, not layout changes. I can only do that at the cloud database right?

Mona

Administrator

Yes, that's correct.
Bronze Elite Contributor

You just got caught out and there is not a lot you could have done. On the server there is a app called ACTDIAG and they would use this to unlock the database but that is not available via ACT for WEB internet connection.