Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The database "xxxxx" could not be accessed.....

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

The database "xxxxx" could not be accessed.....

Hello

I get attached error message when I try to log on to the server as Administrator.

----------

The database "XXXXXXX" could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database is availlable. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer on the server. ------------ It is possible to access Act! from the clients, so it is only on the server I have the problem. I can easily open the demo database, and I have followed the various raw in KB Article ID 19640th

Is there anyone who can help?

Version: Sage ACT! Premium 2013.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Denmark
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: The database "xxxxx" could not be accessed.....

OK.  Let's make sure I understand.

1.  Your are trying to open a server ACT! Database from a client computer.  This generates an error.

2. Can you open the server ACT! Demo Database?  If so, them your problem must relate to the shares and permissions you have set up on the server.ACT! Database Folder.  Make sure the folder is shared to everyone with full read/write permissions.

3.  If you cannot open the demo or the live ACT! DB, then it might have something to do with the servers's computer name.  In the ACT! Pad File, tty referring to the server IP address, rather than the server name.  You can find the directions in KB 19640.

Good Luck,

Tom Koller, "The ACT Guy"

info@computingconnections.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Contributor

Is the server you are logging on to the server that hosts the ACT! Database? If it is try and go to Open / Share database and then it should be listed. You can get similar problems where some other user has logged on to the server and deleted an old ACT! database and when you logon to a windows account that last logged on to the deleted database you receive the same error as you get.

Copper Contributor

Try this KB 28216.  I often see this error when the ACT7 Instance is not running as a service.  Close ACT! and restart ACT7 Instance as described in the KB.  Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tuned Listener

I do not quite understand your explanation, you have the opportunity to elaborate more.

Regards Bo

Tuned Listener

Have tried it, but it does not address my problem.
Regards Bo

Solution
Accepted by topic author Denmark
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

OK.  Let's make sure I understand.

1.  Your are trying to open a server ACT! Database from a client computer.  This generates an error.

2. Can you open the server ACT! Demo Database?  If so, them your problem must relate to the shares and permissions you have set up on the server.ACT! Database Folder.  Make sure the folder is shared to everyone with full read/write permissions.

3.  If you cannot open the demo or the live ACT! DB, then it might have something to do with the servers's computer name.  In the ACT! Pad File, tty referring to the server IP address, rather than the server name.  You can find the directions in KB 19640.

Good Luck,

Tuned Listener

Hello

Ad 1.) No, I am trying to open a ACT! Database form the server, and I get the error. Opening the server database from a client is not a problem.

Ad 2.) Yes, I can open an ACT! demo database from the server.

Ad 3.) The have been no changes to the server name, but the power has been passed to the server.

Kind regards

Bo Bigaard

www.actcrm.dk 

Nickel Contributor

Hi,

What happens if you browse to the pad file of the database the users can access OK via the server via windows explorer and double click on the pad file?

Tuned Listener

Hi

Same error.

Kind regard Bo