Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The database ___ could not be accessed - Shared Computer

The database ___ could not be accessed - Shared Computer

"The database ___ could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server"

I followed the steps I found online to repair this problem, and it worked for the master computer, but when I get this message on the shared computer, I cannot seem to fix the issue. The only way I can reslove it is to restart each computer several times. We are on a shared network and I have no problem accessing regular files/documents, but ACT keeps giving me this error at least 3-4 times per week and it can sometimes take up to an hour of restarting the computers to get both to be up and running with ACT.

Any ideas?

Re: The database ___ could not be accessed - Shared Computer

Did you find a solution for this?  I am having the same issue.  Also where online did you find steps to address this problem?  Thanks in advance.

Jim

No solution. It is just random no matter what I try it will suddenly disconnect out of nowhere. Restarting is the only solution thus far.

I have noticed this week that after I ran maleware bytes and removed some Trojan's, that it has not disconnected me once since Monday, whereas it was doing this several times a days before. Maybe that has something to do with it, idk, but it may be worth a try to you Jim, bc it has worked for me thus far. Smiley Happy