Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The SQL Database Instance Unavailable

The SQL Database Instance Unavailable

Greetings,

Working with Sage Act! Premium, 2012. We have two machines one acts as the 'server' while the other connects using the .pad. We had this working and now suddenly I'm getting the error "The Sql Database instance is unavailable."

Any ideas?

Re: The SQL Database Instance Unavailable

I am also having this problem and am looking for a bit of help! Appriciate any help.

Bronze Super Contributor

What things took place directly prior to getting this error?

Have you attempted rebooting your machine(s)?

Has there been any updates or changes to your firewall?

I resolved this error: Resolution of the dependency failed, type= "Act.UI.ActApplication name= "" ect... ect...

The machines have been rebooted and my work laptop has had ACT 2012 reinstalled.

Our server holds the "primary" Database and will load fine for everyone else in the office except mine. (through the ACT launcher not a shortcut)

After posting my request for help i found my shortcut to the servers database able to open it with no issues. This in a sense is strange since i cant open by running act and then finding the database, but it will open and work fine when i use the shortcut.

Biggest problem(s) now for me is to resolve the issue with the shortcut being the only way to open that database. I also need to be able to share information from a local (on laptop database) to the server. It wont find/connect with the server database when i try to move a contact group to it.

Let me know if you need more info. I hope i have been specific enough in what the issue is and what i would like to do.

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello MKnight,

Check your personal messages, I have sent steps that should fix your issue

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005

I have the same issue.
please send me the solution you sent to MKnight

Hello Kurt Rosemann,

Would it be possible to please have the steps sent to my personal email so that I also can fix this issue?

Thank you :-)

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello BeAmazed,

If you are getting the same exact error message that Mark was getting, then click on the link below it should help you resolve the issue.

Let me know how you go

Error: "The SQL database instance is unavailable..." Attempting to Access a Shared Database

Thanks

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005