Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The 'Print Preview' in an 'Activities Report' - it takes 50 minutes to return the preview every time I run one...

Copper Contributor

The 'Print Preview' in an 'Activities Report' - it takes 50 minutes to return the preview every time I run one...

Hello,

When doing a small (4 pages) ‘Print Review’ for an Activities Report, does anyone have to wait 50 minutes or so, for the data to finally appear in the 'Print Preview' box? This seems to happen every time I run an Activities Report, even though the reports are always very small(4 to 8 pages).

My version number for Act! Premium is 16.1.207.0 (UK version) and I run it on Windows XP.

It would be great if somebody on this forum could offer some advice, please.

Thanks.

Grant.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: The 'Print Preview' in an 'Activities Report' - it takes 50 minutes to return the preview every time I run one...

There can be several contributing factors. The most likely would be a large number of cleared activities cluttering the activities table. You might try removing old cleared activities. I would also try running database maintenance if you haven't done so recently. The fact that you're nunning on XP could contribute to the problem depending on how much RAM is installed and the size of your database.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Re: The 'Print Preview' in an 'Activities Report' - it takes 50 minutes to return the preview every time I run one...

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your helpful reply.

I'll try these suggestions of yours to see if they make any difference.

I've only just started in my new post, so don't yet know what the situation is regarding regular database maintenance - but will be finding out soon!

Thanks, again, for your post.

Best regards,

Grant.